Microsoft tonight issued a service warning on Xbox Live that affects gaming, social network and TV viewing on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
The company’s Xbox Live Status page warned that problems have emerged in widespread areas including:
- Accessing or retrieving data stored using cloud storage
- Joining other Xbox Live members in online games
- Managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing
- Sending text messages to other Xbox Live members
- Unlocking achievements
- Viewing achievements
- Browsing the Xbox Video Store and the Xbox Music Store
“Are you experiencing issues on Live with features such as matchmaking, adding or viewing Friends, Messaging, and Achievements?” asked the update. “Our team is engaged and working hard to get everything resolved. Thanks for your patience while we get this worked out.” Microsoft promised further updates.
Reports have also emerged of outages on Microsoft’s Azure cloud network.